… that’s the noise that I made when I picked up the comment telling me about the The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Try as I might I cannot find out from where the awards originally hale so alls I can tell you is that I was gobsmacked to have received a nomination. As I have only just this week past the ’50th post’ post I’m a real newbie to the world of blogging and thus far I have been made to feel so very welcome. Thank you. For the nomination. For reading. For writing.
So if you don’t mind I’m going to graciously thank my nominator – Mercury – Handmade Fashion who makes the most delicious items, look, felt spiced owls! Next I’m going to share 7 things with you and finally I’m going on to nominate 10 others.
- I really am a librarian.
- I don’t read anywhere near as much as most folks expect given the above profession. Especially fiction. Ask me, and I will expect you’ll be disappointed to find that I won’t have read it. Not even Fifty Shades of Grey.
- Nature or nurture? Did I inherit some crafty gene or was it early intervention on the part of my female relatives? Mum taught me to sew, Gran taught me to knit and crochet.
- I used to count trees for a living, oh and measure roads.
- One of the most rewarding bits of volunteering that I ever did was foster cats. The full range from gorgeous bundles of kittendom to camera fearing previously semi-feral adults.
- I harbour a secret desire to re-discover Macramé. Remember Macramé? We did Macramé at school.
- I’m a scifi geekette, I’ve even been to conventions. Although not in costume which is the usual follow-up question to that particular revelation. Although Princess Leia in the gold bikini does hold a particular place in my psyche.
My 10 nominees (in alphabetical order that’s possibly a librarian thing right there).
For those interested in taking part/paying this forward, here are the rules of the game:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post
(I reckon you might be able to copy the images above.. couldn’t find any HTML)
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.